Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Work in progress Wednesday

Hey there.  I started a new project this weekend, Kathy Zimmerman's Plaits and Links Cardigan.  It is a great aran pattern with saddle sleeves.  I'm doing it as part of a class with some members of my guild.
I'm using Louisa Harding's Grace Silk and Wool.  Really great yarn, holds color great and isn't itchy (I'm sensitive to itchy).  It is a single ply so it may pill badly but we'll see.  I've had it in my stash for years and got it on sale for 50% off.  We're doing it in one piece up to the armholes, so a row takes forever.

Other projects are just about complete - buttons and buttonholes - so hopefully I will have something to share on Friday.  Of course my never ending socks are still in the same place as usual.

Head over to Tami's to see the great projects there.

5 comments:

  1. I love your colour selection and always amazed by how lovely a cable motif is. Can't wait to see the FO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley color!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-92/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely. I love the pattern! I love cables, so I really appreciate your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be beautiful. I used a single chunky to make a baby sweater with cables. It was gorgeous, and I didn't care what became of it, cause I wasn't going to be washing it. Terrible, I know, but I so enjoyed knitting with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I love cables. That pattern looks like I'd have to pay attention...no movie watching during that one, LOL. The color is one of my favorites. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

    ReplyDelete