Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

It feels like summer is over here.  We think we are past the days of 100 degree temperatures and it has actually been in the high 60's in the morning.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot for some of you but in Texas in August that is wonderful.  The traveling is done, school starts next week, State Fair submissions were due last week and my schedule is getting repeatable.  Crazy hectic, but repeatable.  Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays are berserk and Tuesdays and Fridays are calmer.

I just realized that I had not taken any pictures in awhile.  Here is the red MadTosh sweater I have been working on.  With luck the neck edging will be done and it will be a finished object by Friday.  Not guaranteeing what time on Friday.


This has a twist stitch lattice on the bodice, so subtle patterning.

My mittens are done and the matching hat is about 1/3 done.  Knit Picks Independent Designers will make this pattern available as soon as I can get it all finished.  (I may run out of yarn so that is an issue, but crossing my fingers.)


Both of those patterns are my own designs.  I've decided it is good to have another project going on that is my design - for those moments I want to knit but not have to think as hard.  So I'm doing Debbie Bliss's Sophia Cable Vent Cardigan.  So far so good.  I did a lot of work on it in the car visiting colleges (how can it be that my son is 16 and driving and thinking about colleges?)


So that is what is in progress here.  Head over to Tami's to see all the great projects.

2 comments: