Friday, October 5, 2012

Finished Objects - State Fair

This year is just speeding by.  It's already State Fair time and I haven't even mentioned it here.  So I'm combining FO Friday with State Fair.  This will be my last State Fair (after this I'll count as professional by the official rules) and I did well.  I submitted three items and won two ribbons.


 A Blue Ribbon (first place) for my hat from my Masters Level Three.  Trust me that the hint of blue at the bottom right is my ribbon.

A Red Ribbon (that is second place) in the category of original design for my sweater from Masters Level Three.  I was a little annoyed that first prize went to someone who is by my definition a professional.  Hers was definitely superior to mine, but still a bit frustrating.





My third entry was my Shetland Tea Shawl - I came in tenth and they gave nine ribbons in the shawl category.  Granted, I flubbed the final grafting of the edging after dropping a needle and not being very careful on putting the stitches back on before kitchenering, but the rest was pretty darn near perfect.  10th place, really!  There were several stunning winning shawls and many had ambitious beading schemes.







I do have to say that the displays and layout were much better done than in years past.  The judges take a lot of flak in the online forums so lets give credit for a big improvement.

Hard to believe it is Friday.  Head over to Tami's to see lots of great projects.  Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. All three projects are lovely but the shawl is really striking. There must have been some serious competition! Congratulations on your ribbons.

    ReplyDelete