Friday, September 2, 2011

Finished Object Friday

I am so glad it is Friday!  It has been a long week.  I had a meeting or event every night this week after work, and it severely impacted knitting time.  Summer is over, and everyone is cramming in back to school events.  That meant I didn't get to start swatching with the new yarn for my Aran sweater  - let's face it when you get home after a 12 to 14 hour day, who has the energy?  But I did finish the lace swatch and it blocked out to 5" by 8".  I'm debating now if the scarf should be wider, I think so, but then by how much?

Here it is and yes I did miss one bead placement.  If you have good eyes, you can find the spot.


Actually, it is easier to find in the close up.  The beads are optional to the design but I just like the way beads sparkle on lace.


I'm hoping to write up the pattern this weekend and get on to the final design of the Aran sweater.  I did see a really cool design for button band and holes within a cable yesterday so I need to play with that.
Have a great weekend - a long weekend for those in the States.  Be sure to head over to Tami's to see lots of great fiber projects.


6 comments:

  1. I love the way the beads look with the lace, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty. I still couldn't find the missing bead! LOL

    Sounds interesting button hole within the cable. Am coming back to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - and I definitely can't find the missing bead =)

    button holes within a cable sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know about the 3 feet rule? (If no one can see the flaw from 3 feet away, then don't point it out to them lol!)

    ReplyDelete