Friday, July 6, 2012

Finished Object Friday




This is a different sort of finished object post - but after six years of work (albeit with lots of breaks), I am finally a Master Knitter.  I received my pin last Friday night in Manchester at the Knit and Crochet Show.  

It has taken a bit of time to have it sink in that I'm finished.  Maybe because I know there is still so much to learn and so much I can improve in my knitting and designing.  I was truly honored to be asked to join the Masters Committee and I know that will be a learning experience.  I have a couple of designs in progress and am hoping to have finished objects that are truly made from fiber and have patterns to go with them shortly!  

In the meantime, I'm enjoying knitting for the fun of it.  I have three projects going and am swatching for a sweater design. I'm glad to have the time to do it.

Also I'm thankful that i have a great setting to do it in.  We're at the beach and it has been great weather.  Here are a couple of shots I've taken on my morning walks.  Awesome sunrise yesterday.


Seagulls on the beach this morning.


Strange patterns in the sand left by the waves.



 A very unusual shell I found - I have never found one of these before on this beach in 17 years, and this was almost perfect!

Morning Glories on the dunes - a la Georgia O'Keeffe




Have a great day and enjoy all the great fiber items at Tami's.  I know it has been months since I posted there, see my last post to explain why.  I have missed this so much.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming a Master Knitter. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. What a wonderful achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation on the Master degree!

    ReplyDelete