Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

Alas, vacation is over.  I got home around noon on Monday, so Wednesday snuck up on me.  I will be a day off all week.  Lots to do at home sorting out, catching up, lots of meetings this morning.  Had our Guild Board meeting last night and we are going to have a great year with lots of good programs.

Not much knitting done.  Travel back on Sunday took through Monday, with delayed planes and car trouble.  They don't tell you that letting a hybrid car sit for three weeks in the Texas summer heat without driving it is a recipe for completely depleting the battery.  The good news is if you find the right car mechanic, they have a magic box that allows you to start the car and then you just drive until the battery charges back up.  But it takes the right mechanic and there was a small bit of being stranded and losing sleep for a night.

But hoping to be back on track now.  Projects have not progressed that much, other than the Shetland Tea Shawl, where I am VERY close to being finished the edging.  Most people find that boring, but I haven't.  Maybe because I was on vacation and needed mindless knitting.  It's hard to tell from the picture but I am close.


Just a few last beach pictures because I'm missing my daily walks.

This sign in this picture is Latin and translates to "while I breathe, I hope."  It is generally attributed to Cicero but is also the state motto of South Carolina.  It is hard to see but there are parts of an old broken boat around this - therefore the upside down South Carolina flag as a distress sign.  

So keep breathing and hoping.  And check out all the great fiber works at Tami's

No comments:

Post a Comment