Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday - Healing!

The good news is after six weeks of having my ring finger taped, strapped or otherwise immobilized, I am now able to return to normal activities.  For the next three weeks, if I'm doing heavy activity (lifting, moving furniture, exercising, gardening) I have to put the straps on but the rest of the time I am free.  I still have to do my exercises three times per day for six weeks, but other than that I am basically healed.  The doctor says I will still have daily pain for three more months and then occasional pain for a year.   Yeah!  this is a big step forward and will speed up the knitting!  Also typing is much easier so I don't have that excuse on not blogging!

I finished a pair of socks for a Christmas present.  I started a new set for me.  Toe-up and with a mock cable.

Have a great day - hard to believe it is a week before Christmas.  Go check out the great projects at Tami's

4 comments:

  1. YAY! It must be such a relief. It must have driven you crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear your finger is healing. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to not have full use of my hands. The start of this pair of socks looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued healing!!! Love the sock toe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking socks, glad to know you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete