Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Hey there.  Things have been very busy and I haven't been posting as much.  My in-laws are coming in today for 5 days.  Our son is in the school play starting tomorrow night.  And exams are just two weeks away.  Just a little stress in our house right now.

Knitting is progressing well.  The back of the sweater is done and I decided to do buttons on a moss stitch band which is knit in with the sides.  Left side is going well.
Lace scarf is progressing but not as fast as I would like.  Work of course is also busy.  Here is the detail, though I didn't pin it out or have it on a high contrast background.
Last night was Guild Knit.  The speaker talked about different long tail cast ons.  Doesn't sound like it would be interesting, but it was!  I'm always surprised by how much there is to learn.  I learned to cast on  left handed and also how to cast on in knit and purl!  Who knew you could do that for ribbing.

Our guild always does give aways.  Put your name in a bag and they draw 5 or so winners.  Someone has given them the prizes and they are fabulous.  I won one of the prizes last night.
This is a Lantern Moon silk project bag.  I have one in red and love it.  This is that yellow green color.  Inside was full of hand painted 100% silk.   How beautiful!
It's blues, purples, greens and yellows.  Not sure what I will do with it yet, but this just more than paid for my yearly dues!

For great inspiration head over to Tami's to see the other WIP's.

6 comments:

  1. Ooo pretty! I love Lantern Moon project bags. The silk makes them extra special. That yarn looks delicious as well.

    I would love to have a place to go where I could learn all sorts of new techniques. I don't know if there is anything like that in the UK. I must do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiow, what a great prize, that yarn is stunning :)

    Hope the stress levels settle down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome prize! The whole package looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those lovely beads arranged through that lace work! And what a lovely prize to come home with. The bag is gorgeous and then to find it full of silk! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oak Grove is such a lovely yarn to knit with. I have a WIP with that right now and while I'm not loving the pattern, I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete