Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

The day is almost over and calming down a bit.  Presents have been opened, dinner was fantastic (my husband was in charge so its not bragging) and a cookie baking marathon is over.  My husband's relatives arrive in two waves tomorrow so this is the calm.   It seems like we rush through the holidays so much now.  We put up decorations after Thanksgiving and take them down on the 26th.  It is supposed to be the 12 days of Christmas.  Having company later helps stretch that out.

This picture is an ornament I've had since I was a little girl.  It is a dove in a nest - there are even a few pearl eggs.  One of my favorite parts of Christmas is finding the right place to put it on the tree.  It represents not only peace but home and love to me over all these years.

No matter what holiday you celebrate, I wish you peace and joy and time with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment