Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

It is truly exciting that I can be knitting whatever I want to be working on.  A couple of projects going on.

First a vest - it's actually blocking now ready for being sewn up and edging done.  Maybe this weekend.
Second is another baby sweater.  It was an adorable wrap pattern in a very soft bamboo blend yarn.  Why does knitting with bamboo sound like so much more fun than it really is?  Fleegle has a great post here about different fibers and I wish I had read it before buying this yarn to remind myself that every bamboo adventure has not turned out as expected.  I've ripped out twice to the beginning.
Obviously it is not high on the fun list right now.  The last project is!  My first Noro Silk Garden sweater.  The plan is for it to be a square neck pullover hopefully with three quarter length sleeves.  I love the colors.
I'm actually almost finished the back after spending hours yesterday at the outpatient clinic.  My husband had a colonoscopy - no fun but an all clear result.  I have an aunt who is dying of colon cancer now - big reminder that it is important to get the screening tests done.  This is very easy for me to say since I'm not old enough to have to have gone through it yet.

Head over to Tami's to see lots of great projects.

1 comment:

  1. I love Silk Garden, just hate how it stretches! Haven't knit with Bamboo, may have to steer clear of it. Can't wait to see the vest done.

    ReplyDelete