Monday, February 13, 2012

Gansey Workshop

This past weekend our guild brought in Beth Brown-Reinsel to do a workshop on Knitting Ganseys.  It was two full days and it was great.  I had taken a class with Beth on top down Arans almost ten years ago and she is a fabulous teacher.  She brought lots of samples to show of different types of garments.

These are small sweaters that you can complete in the workshop and fingerless mitts.  I love the center fingerless mitts.  I learned many new techniques and the drop shoulder, arm gusset and strap shoulder construction for ganseys, which means there is basically no seaming.  There are about 20 yarn ends to weave in though.  

Here is my completed sweater - not blocked yet.  Looks pretty bad at this point so I'm hoping that blocking will help a lot.  I'll show it blocked at the end of the week.  It was great to spend two days with a group of really talented knitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment