Friday, July 15, 2011

Finished Object Friday

A real project finished!  It is a red letter day when I have something besides a swatch.  We won't talk about how long this took me.  There is something about a project when all the pieces are finished, that makes me want to move on to the next cast on rather than doing the finishing work.  And I am normally a "get it done, so I can cross it off the to do list" type of person.  Anyway, here it is, my Minnie Cardigan from Louisa Harding's Cardigan book.





The pattern says you can add one button at the front, but I'm not going to.  As I mentioned last time I blogged on this, it is actually a little tight across the bust and even though I did the blasted gauge swatch (I swear I did it), it came out a bit smaller across the bust than it should have.  The other thing that I would change if doing it over would be to stretch the lace collar across the back more.  I have a bit more fabric there than is needed.  Looks okay but occasionally you have to fuss with the collar.

On the whole, I'm very happy with it and it will be great in our climate.  The problem is I won't wear it right now because it will be my cardigan entry for the state fair - which is just around the corner and caused me to have that "it's July, all my stuff has to be ready by mid August, must get it done" feeling.

For lots of great projects and inspiration, head over to Tami's

11 comments:

  1. That's so pretty, I love the lace bands :) I'm the same when I finish a project - I want to move straight onto the next thing rather than doing all the finishing stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice. The lace bands really make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's come out beautifully - lovely color too. Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. The lace edging adds something extra to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem about not wanting do the finishing before starting the next one. However now with FO Friday I'm more inclined to want to finish so I can show off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful! I don't think I'd like this particular cardigan with a button anyway. I think it'd ruin the curve as it comes down from the neck and swoops around to the bottom edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the color and most especially the shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lace edging - very pretty! I think it looks great without a button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace edging is lovely, the whole thing is lovely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the edging and I think it looks very beautiful on you! Good luck in the fair!

    ReplyDelete